Monday, July 13, 2009

Outshining the moonlight


Landon left on Monday. That night Noel and Rachael went to see Swan Lake while I watched Griffin. We had planned that Tuesday night the girls would watch Griffin while Landon and I went to the ballet, but in Landon's absence, Rachael accompanied me to the ballet while Noel took care of Griffin (Thanks, Noel you are too kind!).


First of all, we watched the ST. PETERSBURG BALLET!! (arguably the best ballet company in the entire world). They performed Swan Lake (perhaps my favorite ballet) written by Tchaikovsky (historically, the premier ballet composer). We watched from the Odeon of Herodes Atticus (an ancient Greek outdoor amphitheater) under a full moon. Truthfully, this was one of the coolest experiences of my life.


I could try to descibe the grace, complexity, presicion, and artisrty of the evening, but I'd be sure to fall woefully short of the mark. Just take my word for it: AMAZING!!! If you ever have the chance to attend this ballet, or this ballet company, or an outdoor production in an ancient theater at a full moon, I recommend that you do so.

2 comments:

Alyse and Carlos said...

so so so jealous Cami! I'm glad you're chronicling all of your incredible experiences so we can all be green with envy. And Griffin is quite the adorable world traveler.

Heidi said...

I would take any three of those suggestions.