Monday, July 13, 2009

Alive at Sunrise...surprise!

My family is notorious for being irritable and crotchety before 8 a.m. (My father, of course, is the notable exception. Sadly, his AM cheeriness only makes us grumpier) So when Landon suggested that we venture on a sunrise hike to the outlook point across from the Acropolis, I was more than a little hesitant. But as these pictures chronicle, we did get up for sunrise, we did hike the 3 kilometers, and we were cheerful for most of the trip. (Except for when a stray dog charged at Noel and Rachael and they ran to hide behind the baby). Truthfully,
this was one of our favorite moments of the entire weekend. Check it out:








2 comments:

The Laytons said...

Ok, Landon's pose, totally reminds me of Nate Fredrickson. He does that all the time. And Griffin is just getting cuter all the time. Yeah, didn't know that would be possible, did we??
We're so excited for you guys to come home. But really, enjoy it all for us!!

Heidi said...

Griffin is so cute. I can't wait to see you all in about a month.

I will be honest I am a little surprised that Landon was the one to come up with this idea. As I can see from the pictures, it was worth the early morning.