Friday, March 27, 2009

In like a lion, out like a WHAT?

DISCLAIMER:
Please excuse the excessive use of photos in this post, but seriously, Griffin is cute enough to justify it, right?

When you're from Arizona, March is supposed to be the harbinger of Spring. Flip-flops and t-shirts are the order of the day, lawns are mowed on the weekends, and middle school P.E. classes begin the most shame-inducing section: swimming. Not true in Denver. Even though we've been having 65-70 degree weather lately, yesterday a storm rolled through and dumped about 7 inches of snow on us. Landon's work closed early yesterday and he worked from home today because of the road conditions.


This was Griffin's first big snow storm...and hopefully the last of this winter, so we made sure to have a good romp in the snow this afternoon.
Griffin wasn't sure how he felt about being bundled that warm. But truthfully, I was surprised at how much he seemed to enjoy being in the snow. He never even acted annoyed when Landon laid him down in a giant snow pile. I am constantly amazed at what a contented baby I have here. Landon decided that he wanted to show Griffin how to make a proper snow angel. And again, Griffin seemed totally OK with it. Since Landon is much more well-versed than I in all things snow, he decided we needed to make a great snowman. As always, he's a bit of an over-achiever, and the resultant snowman would be better named a snow sculpture of George Washington. (I would like to note that I helped with the snow sculpting). Pretty cool, eh?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

You three have too much fun. We wish we were there to play in the snow with you!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

I can't believe the man can't make a regular snowman, he makes a snow sculpture!!! Just another hidden talent from Landon. Tell him to keep his day job, because snow sculpting is a short season, but seriously that was awesome! Cute pictures of little Griff. He's the true snow angel. Love, Unlce Rico

Kristy said...

Griffin's eyes are getting to be crystal blue. I just love that little snow bunny. I wish I could rock him to sleep today. I need a Griffin HUG!

Adrienne said...

Hey Camille....I haven't been up on blogs as of late, but stopped by yours today to see Griffin's darling pictures and your fun insights. Your posts never disappoint me. :) And how exciting about Greece!

Kimberly said...

I'm impressed with little Griffin too, Caleb hates the snow! And yes, it's snowing here in Rexburg too so I can understand what you mean about longing for flip-flops and t-shirts. But alas, I'm not in AZ anymore (acutally, I haven't been living in Az for about 9 years now....wow, time sure does fly by!) Anyway, great snow sculpture and pictures!

Traeger Tribe said...

What talent! I love it!