Friday, March 20, 2009

Motherhood is a picnic

Landon accidentally left his lunch at home this morning, so Griffin and I met him at a park near his office with a picnic. The weather wasn't perfect (65 degrees and windy) but it was still nice to take Griffin on his first picnic.

Truthfully, I'm glad that he's not crawling and/or walking yet because the park had a pond with a lot of wild geese...and even more goose droppings. I was really glad I didn't have to stop Griffin from playing with either geese, droppings, or icky pond water. Instead we got to sit in a little gazebo and eat our picnic while we watched the geese swim placidly by.

Call me over-protective, but I bundled Griffin up for the event.
And it's a good thing I got a picture of him while he was looking so cute, because right after I turned the camera off he had a spit-up episode of herculean proportions, requiring a change of clothes. If you look close, you can tell that his hair is coming in blonde.

In other news, we've submitted paperwork for his passport and purchased airfare, so Greece is another few steps closer. Yahoo!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

He is getting cuter and cuter! You need to have a passport for a baby? I didn't know that. Love you all!

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

What a cute boy. He is really growing and changing.
He has a great smile. Hope I get to see him in person soon. Love, Uncle Rico