Monday, August 3, 2009

Posts everyone!

I have been remiss in my duties as an international blogger, and for that I apologize. I hope to make it up to you today. I've got enough fodder for about three blog posts so hopefully I have the patience to download all of the pictures I've got.

First of all, here are a few pictures from last weekend when we walked around to a neat plaza (Romaplatze) in downtown Frankfurt.
This is exactly what I visualized Germany to look like. I was glad that there was a place that so perfectly fulfilled my vivid imagination.
A very talented street performer who is balancing a stacked tower of full wine glasses and plates on his nose while playing the clarinet. I'm not exactly sure what might inspire someone to perfect this specific skill, but it was rather entertaining to watch him work the crowd. Unfortunately, right after he got the whole stack of plates and glasses all balanced and started playing the clarinet it started raining and the crowd dissolved quicker than the wicked witch of the west, poor guy.
During the raintsotrm (at least during the very worst of it) we ducked under this bridge to keep dry. As you can see we were joined by several others, many of whom decided that this was a great time to light up a cigarette, grrrr. So for Griffin's lungs we braved the storm and ran to the nearest pastry shop...oh, the sacrifices we make for our son. As a side note, German apple pastries are delicious!
And here is a picture of a red scooter in the rain.







1 comment:

Becky said...

Yea for Cami posts!!! I particularly love the red scooter photo and the wind swept Cami that are so elegantly displayed here. I loved reading about your new love for big red cereal (ew) and can't wait until you become a fan of the toothpaste...i can see you being 85 and saying, "i still can remember the way that German toothpaste tasted..and I want some!"

I'm off to attempt Mexican food cooking in Oz (a scary challenge). Miss and love you all!
Becky