Monday, August 3, 2009

Strolling Germany

We once again went on a stroll around the neighborhood, but this time we remembered the camera. here are a few highlights. We love Frankfurt and this doesn't even scratch the surface on the coolness of this city, but enjoy!

A cool park down the street from us.



This is the Alte Oper (Old Opera House) that is nearly next door to us. Please note how very chivalrous my husband is...he carries Griffin in the baby bjorn whenever we go out together.


One of the great things about this city is how you can have a 600 year-old watchtower next to a modern skyscraper. The juxtaposition is at once perplexing, refreshing, and inspiring.


Check out this giant tree we found in a park near our apartment. This was HUGE!


This is one of my favorite architecture pictures we've taken thus far on the trip. I think this cathedral dates back to 847AD.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay, Camille, I do not want to sound un-smart(is that a word) but chivalrous. I would have to say that Landon looks very deep in thought and satisfied. So if that is what chivalrous means then I am smart!

ng said...

Tree hugger