Monday, August 3, 2009

German product review

While here in Germany I've had the chance to sample some products that I'd like to critique.
CEREAL: First of all, most of you know that I love cereal. In the U.S. one of my favorite cereals is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I expected this cereal called Mini Zimtos to taste similar. I was mistaken. The cinnamon is way stronger than I expected. The best way to describe it is to say it is like eating a bowl of Big Red gum...except crunchier. At first, this was a dissappointment, but because we'd purchased a large box I felt compelled to finish it. By the time the box was empty I loved this cereal.
BRATWURST: I'm not a big hot dog fan. Sure I'll have one at a baseball game or a cook out (Becky, do you remember the lecture your dad gave me about the difference between a cook out and a barbeque? I have never again made the same mistake). Anyway, I wasn't expecting to enjoy bratwurst any more or less than hot dogs. But oh wow!!!! We made some friends at church here and they invited us over for a bratwurst cook out and it's embarrassing to say how many bratwurst I ate, so I'll just tell you that it was a lot and they were magnificent!
TOOTHPASTE: I don't know, and can't tell you what flavor this toothpaste says it is. What I can tell you is that it is disgusting. I will point out that I still brush every night and every morning, but with extreme loathing. It tastes like I'm going to bed with a mouthfull of weeds, and waking up with a mouthfull of dirt, with perhaps some undertones of black licorice. Ew.
BREADS: This one is very general. But the bread here is great great great!
GOUDA: And the cheese is even better!

1 comment:

McKenna said...

You've got the wrong toothpaste, girl. Go to your nearest 'Plus', 'Penny', or 'Rewe' and pick up some of this: http://www.ciao.de/Blend_A_Med_Complete_plus_milde_frische__977261

It's the best tooth paste you'll ever slather upon your pearly whites. It tastes just like wint-o-green lifesavers.