Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Change of plans

The emotions of the last week, summed up in a series of chronological exclamatory statements:

When we signed up for this gig in Greece (and by 'gig' I mean audit), we were excited by the opportunity to visit a Euopean country for three months.
Yay
Because we were planning on this three month stint to be a fairly reliable arrangement, we invited anyone who wanted to visit Greece to make the trip while we were here. My sisters took me up on the idea and they are here visiting for two weeks.
Hooray!
So you might imagine the anxiety I felt when last week Landon's office told him that he was being re-assigned to an audit in Germany starting next Monday.
Uhhhh.
Griffin and I will tag along to Germany. I've never been to Germany before. My childhood dance teacher visited Germany often and every time she came back from a trip I vowed that one day I'd go see what all the hooplah was about. So, in a sense, this turn of events will help me to fulfill a childhood dream.
Sweet!
The best part about going to Germany is that the hotel we will stay at there has laundry machines on site. Here in Greece, Landon's company will pay for him to send out his laundry, but not for Griffin and I. Not a problem if there is a laundromat nearby, unfortunately, from what I can tell, the front desk people here don't know what a laundromat is, so I've been washing clothes in the tub. I'm excessively thrilled at the prospect of a washing machine. No more laundry in the tub.
Hallelujah!
However, next Monday (Landon's departure date) is half way through my sisters' visit.
Eeek!
We've decided that Griffin and I will stay in Greece without Landon for a week...
Awww, man
...and make it a sisters' vacation.
Awesome!
This weekend we misplaced Landon's wallet and still can't find it. We don't think he was pickpocketed because there hasn't been any activity on our accounts at all, so please pray with us that we'll find it in the bottom of a suitcase...not that we haven't already looked there.
Shoot.
During the first weekend of my sisters' visit we've had a lot of fun, and we've got some really cool stuff planned for this weekend before Landon leaves. Stay tuned to the blog for those adventures.
Hmmm.
But for now enjoy these pictures from the first few days of my sisters' visit.
Cool.
Ruins of the Temple of Zeus. Through the bottom arch you can see the Acropolis on the hill. This was right after church on Sunday. The church building is across the street and down one block from where we are standing.
Statuesque Rachael soaking it all in at the National Gardens.
Noel and Griffin at the National Gardens. We strolled around the gardens on Sunday afternoon. The girls managed jet lag way better than I had expected, but even so, it was nice to have a relaxing Sabbath day on the day after they arrived.

And speaking of relaxing, here I am lounging about on the grass after our picnic in the park on Sunday. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Aw, for fun! My mom spent the first 12 years of her life in Germany. She loved it. Good luck, we are always thinking of you guys.

tg said...

It looks like you guys are having a fabulous time - I am glad Rachael and Noel could join in the fun!
However, I do hope the wallet can be found - good luck.
We LOVE you!

Heidi said...

More adventures! How exciting. As always, Griffin is so adorable.

Debbie said...

Well Germany sounds fun. How long will he be in Germany, the rest of the 3 months? Also where in Germany will you be?

Richard and Jeannie Griffin said...

Well, I'm jealous, but then what did you guys do for the fourth of July? Oh, I guess you didn't celebrate that AMERICAN holiday. Oh, by the way, in case you don't get the news over there, Michael Jackson died. They had his funeral today. They need donations to help pay for the funeral and security. Go to the website www.wasmichaelreallywhite.com to donate.
Love you guys, Uncle Rico