Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Updates

I am way behind on my posting quota for the month of April (as has been pointed out by several Griffin fans)... but I'll be honest, I find it difficult to post a blog when my readership doesn't leave comments to vindicate my efforts. So if you leave more comments I'll probably post more frequently.
And now I choose to recite a list:
Significant events and goings-on of the last two weeks
  • Griffin's passport finally arrived in the mail, hoorah! although, he already looks way different from his passport photo
  • I got a haircut while in Arizona...short enough so that Griffin doesn't pull it when I'm holding him
  • In what can only be described as the sharp inhale before the relieved sigh of spring, last Friday we had another snow storm blow through and drop several inches on us. It snowed for nearly two days straight...but by Sunday night it had all melted away in the 70 degree weather
  • And a relieved sigh indeed...Landon and Griffin and I had our first real spring picnic in the park yesterday. We strapped Griffin in the baby bjorn and played around the park. He particularly enjoyed riding the teeter-totter.
  • Griffin has discovered his thumbs and he can't seem to stop sucking on them. Fine by me though, because it saves me the trouble of searching for his pacifier (or as my father calls it, a baby "plug")
  • And the official countdown has begun: Landon's parents get to come visit us (let's be honest, Griffin is the main reason for the visit, Landon and I are just the sideshow) in less than three weeks! Oh, also Greece is less than 1 month away.
  • Griffin got one of those baby swings, and he LOVES it! I'll have to post some pictures of him in it at some point.
  • Griffin tried solid food for the first time while we were in Arizona (baby rice cereal...Grandma Griffin ate some too)
And now some pictures for your perusal:














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment.

Jo said...

Hooray for more posts! Hooray for leaving comments!

Heidi said...

I am so happy that you are all doing so well. He is getting too big! I want to come to Greece with you. You are all going to have an amazing adventure.

tg said...

We loved having you here and miss you both like crazy. We also wish we could have had Landon visit too. How wonderful that Landon's parents can travel out to be with you before you take off for lands afar.