Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's a WASH!

Yeah, ok. I know I already posted once today, and you may feel free to accuse me of overcompensating, but something blog-worthy happened this afternoon. When Griffin and I returned from Arizona I thought it was an excellent time to do a bunch of laundry. The domestic goddess that I am, it took me about a week to get through all of the laundry from the trip plus some sheets and such. I felt excessively proud of myself yesterday when, for about one nanosecond, all of the laundry was clean.

However, today I discovered an angry red rash on Griffin. After a quick mental itinerary, I realized that today was the first day I had dressed Griffin in the clothes I laundered in the bargain detergent I started using last week.

So guess who had to run to the store this afternoon and purchase expensive detergent? Me! And guess who will be using said detergent to launder all of the clothing she washed last week? Me again! And guess who will never buy cheapy detergent ever again? You get the point.

On the bright side, I totally prefer the scent of the expensive detergent but never felt like I could justify the added price. So aside from the hours of wasted laundry washing and folding, thanks Griffin.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Man, I hate doing the laundry. I'm great at putting it in the wash and even go so far as to put it in the dryer, but that's when I seem to fall short. My clothes will lay in the dryer for hours or maybe even days until I realize that I need to wear something and can't find it. Oh wait, that's right it's in the dryer never folded or put away. Oh well. I guess I need to work on that last part better. Glad you were able to figure it out so quickly though! And thanks for the updates, looks like you had a great time in AZ.

tg said...

Wow, two posts in one day! You are an overachiever. :)