Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby's got skills

I know that every parent thinks that they have the cutest/smartest/cuddliest baby ever. Every parent thinks that the world should stop and take notice of their uniquely brilliant and precocious offspring. Surely all the history of the universe has been building, mounting a suspenseful crescendo to this climax moment: the unveiling of this perfect human being who is your precious little bundle of joy. Why has the clock gone on ticking? Why has there not been an international holiday declared? Why does the world fail to come to a screeching halt and hold its collective breath in respectful awe of your progeny?

Truthfully, I believe that most parents think their child deserves at least this kind of resounding welcome, if not better. However, I offer below proof that my child is in fact the type of prodigy spoken of only in legends and wives' tales. He is truly worthy of your respect, admiration, and yes, even jealousy.

First, he has already rolled over...TWICE! Yes, dear reader, twice. The kid was four days old, four days I tell you and he rolled over. Then he repeated the feat at six days. Physical prowess of this caliber is indeed rare, and frankly I wouldn't blame you if you thought I was exaggerating. But I promise you it is true, my baby is apparently the hulk.

If you had a hard time believing that .... brace yourself for this next one. At two-and-a-half weeks old my child is consistently sleeping for 6-7 hour stretches at night. Seriously, after all of those horror stories about sleep deprivation and 3 a.m. feedings I say, "Bless you, Griffin, for being such a sound and hearty sleeper, bless you again and again." We've moved him out of our room and into the nursery two nights ago because he seems to get better sleep in there, go figure.

And lastly, have you SEEN pictures of this kid? I mean, look at him... I submit that there never was nor shall be a more attractive baby. He gives new meaning to the word adorable.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

He is quite the baby! I love him so much. I can not wait to meet him. Nate got work off and all three of us will be to the blessing. I am so excited. Addie is going to need to take lessons on sleeping from him when we come. She is still up 2 times at night! Post more pictures!

Adrienne said...

That's amazing (both the rolling AND the sleeping). Yes, he is beautiful. Keep the pictures coming.

Andrea said...

It's got to be that Huber gene. All of my babies were sleeping through the night from birth, sure is nice to sleep.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed lucky on the sleep thing. Our 9 MONTH OLD woke up like 4 times last night. FOUR! I wish I could say this was atypcial of him; alas, it is not.