Monday, September 28, 2009

Italy pictures

These are some of the favorite pictures from Rome. We spent three days in Rome and saw everything as quickly as we could. But even with our grueling touristic pace, we felt like we could have spent 10 days there and not seen everything we wanted to.










Truthfully, our trip could not have been better. We stayed at a marvelous bed and breakfast inside Rome's city wall. The guy who ran the B&B spoke something like 5 languages fluently. When we acted impressed he simply said, "What kind of a host would I be if I could not visit with all of my guests?"
And, of course, Griffin was a prince in Rome. LOTS of little Italian women (and men) made kissy faces at him as we walked by. One cute little lady we sat next to on the metro even gave him a saint medalion thing (I know there is an actual term for these but I can't think of it.)
Anyway, it was a fantastic city and an amazing end to our Europe excursion! Landon's favorite thing to say as we walked around was, "Can you just imagine this when it was in it's heyday!?" He said it so often that I started to recognize when he was even thinking of saying it.
Truthfully, now that we've been home for a while I've blogged less and taken way fewer pictures. I feel somehow a little less interesting in Denver, but I'll still try to keep the posts coming, you'll just have to forgive me if I'm slightly boring.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree with Landon! He is so funny. What a fantastic city. I am so glad you all were able to go there.

Kristy said...

Denver will just have to work for you world travelers for a while. I enjoy having you closer. I love that little handsome dude Griffin. Hugs and Kisses from Grandpa and Grandma Huber

The Laytons said...

Ha! It's true! We'll have to find some fun, though slightly less cool than Rome, things to do here!!
Glad you're back!